Saturday 20 November 2010

Sat 20/11/2010

Waking to find frost on my car window this morning i was not in any hurry to get up knott I finally pulled onto the car park about 12.30.

Getting out of the car the first thing to greet me was a Dung Fly as it settled onto my jacket was that a lucky omen,not in any hurrry to fish i looked over the style for any rising fish i could see a few fish topping

On went my trusty Dung Fly and approaching the water I started casting at the odd rising fish, first fish was this 18 1/2 inch   (see below) i had another one as well.

In winter its all about picking your day and your time as a rule of thumb i fish the warmest part of the day (10 am to 3 pm) the fish are still rising to dry flys and when i booked out i noticed Dave Helm has been catching on Dung Flys and Beetles

Give it a go you might be pleasently suprised but one tip wrap up well.