Sunday 23 May 2010

Chasing the ripple

With the temperature threatening to get into the low 20 degrees I headed up Knott at 8.30 thinking I would have the place to myself.Dropping onto Knott 4 other anglers had the same idea as me.I had a quick chat with Albert (pettigrew) and after a brief chat we both set out on our separate ways.

The tarn was manly flat calm but now and again we would get a nice ripple on the water heading for the ripple Albert caught steadily.I headed into the small pond to fish the ripple as well and caught one and pricked a few all on a red muddler hopper (see picture) or you could get them using the heave and leave method ( casting a hopper out and let it drift round in the wind and wait for a take.One thing i noticed the fish are right in the side and as you can see the picture on the right albert was standing a good 5 yards from the water and casting most if not all of his fly onto the grass so it was only his tipett and fly that was in the water.







Alan Plevey